Seven Deadly Sins of Reading Tag
This is a book tag created by the youtuber BookishMalayza on youtube and it seemed like such a fun tag to do, so here I go!
1) Greed- What is your most expensive book? What is your most inexpensive book?
Harry Potter Page to Screen retails at £49.99, but thank God Amazon had it for around £30. Still it’s the most expensive book I own, but it’s so worth it. The content inside, the quality of the pictures and the amount of information is amazing.
The most inexpensive would be books I bought second hand and for this tag I’ll pick Memoirs of a Geisha by Anthony Golden which I got for 30p!
2) Wrath- Which author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
I’m going to go with the answer that I’ve seen a lot of people pick- Stephanie Meyer.
When I was first lent Twilight, after the huge hype surrounding it and much insistence from my friends that it was great, I thought ‘I like this, this is okay’. But I’ve never understood the unbelievable hype surrounding it. It was good (although I have loads of frustrations with it and the way it’s battled against Harry Potter annoys me), but not amazing for me and Breaking Dawn was just not good for me at all.
3) Gluttony- Which book have you deliciously devoured again and again with no remorse whatsover?
Without a doubt Harry Potter. And it deserves to be devoured for all eternity.
My mum actually hid the Order of the Phoenix from me because I wasn’t concentrating on what she was saying to me since I was so engrossed in the book.
4) Sloth- Which book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver.
I’m really intrigued by the plot of this book but when I tried reading it, I just couldn’t get into it, so I’ve been ignoring it for a while now.
5) Pride- What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?
I don’t really do this, it’s nice to talk about books I’m actually passionate about and I enjoy. But I think If I’m in a professional environment (i.e. university with teachers or even a corporate place) then I might bring in some good classic authors like Virginia Woolf.
6) Lust- What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?
I like intelligence, kindness, courage, a good sense of humour and passion.
The picture below is supposed to represent Harry-the Chosen One, Will Herondale- who speaks with books with such passion and is afraid of ducks and is all round beautiful and Peeta- the boy with the bread,
7) Envy- What books would you most like to receive as a gift?
Everything! The US and Adult editions of Harry Potter and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.